Sotel Product Return and Warranty Policies
- Most hardware products sold by SoTel Systems, LLC™ (“SoTel”) carry a standard one (1) year Limited Liability Warranty that covers any Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”) defects experienced under normal use and conditions. Exclusions to the standard Limited Liability Warranty are outlined below under “Standard Product Warranty Exclusions.”
- SoTel warrants to the Customer(1) that during the applicable Limited Warranty Period (as outlined below), all Covered Products will conform to and operate in accordance with OEM specifications. This coverage applies to customers in both the United States and Canada.
- The standard Limited Warranty Period for hardware products, unless otherwise specifically stated, is twelve (12) months, beginning on the Delivery Date, for products purchased from SoTel.
- In no event shall SoTel’s liability exceed the purchase price of the Covered Products. This includes all costs associated with replacement or repair of Covered Products concerning direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential defects & damages.
- Due to the pandemic and for hypoallergenic reasons, headset products and accessories that have been opened are not returnable for any reason. Requests to return unopened headsets will be subject to a 25% restock fee.
Standard Product Warranty Exclusions:
- Warranty coverage, as described herein, does not extend to any damages, malfunctions or non-conformities caused by product misuse, force majeure or physical misuse.
- Warranty coverage, as described herein, is limited to thirty (30) days, beginning on the Delivery Date, for all Wireless Phones and Networking Equipment purchased from SoTel.
- In the event replacement of a Covered Product is required, SoTel reserves the right to utilize Refurbished/Remanufactured parts, materials and platforms, as described below.
- Sales of Refurbished/Remanufactured products, as described below, are covered solely by SoTel with the Limited Liability Warranty described herein.
Refurbished / Remanufactured Equipment
- “Refurbished/Remanufactured Equipment” describes previously used parts, materials and platforms sourced through a variety of Secondary Market channels, including, but not limited to, opportunities resulting from reverse logistics, stock rotations, demo returns, overstocks or liquidations.
- All Refurbished/Remanufactured Equipment sold by SoTel undergoes rigorous cleaning, testing and quality control processes before being redeployed. These processes are performed by certified technicians in state-of-the-art labs located within the premises of SoTel’s USA-based production facility. SoTel does not alter or change firmware or software in any way on any IT products it sells; however, SoTel may reset IT equipment to default OEM settings if deemed necessary.
- Ground Shipment will be used for the return and replacement of defective Covered Products within the Limited Warranty Period, and SoTel will cover the associated Shipping Fees for claims made within thirty (30) days of Delivery Date. Following thirty (30) days from Delivery Date, the Customer will be responsible for the Shipping Fees associated with the return of defective Covered Products.
- Any Returns for Credit of Covered Products within the Limited Warranty Period will be subject to a 15.0% Restocking Fee if the reason for return did not result from defect or SoTel error.
- Any claims made on defective Covered Products within thirty (30) days of the Delivery Date will be Advance Replaced by SoTel upon receipt of the claim.
- SoTel will cover the Shipping Fees associated with both the Advance Replacement and return of the defective Covered Products, but should the defective Covered Products not be returned within thirty
(30) days of the claim, SoTel will invoice the Customer for both the price of the Advance Replacement products and the associated Shipping Fees.
(1) “Customer” constitutes the immediate purchaser of Covered Products directly from SoTel. Claims on Covered Products resold, leased or otherwise transferred by Customer to other parties will be honored under the original terms and conditions, but only as facilitated by Customer as Claimant. Non-Customer claims will not be honored.
“Warranty coverage, as described herein, is limited to Ninety (90) days, beginning on the Delivery Date, items which have been repaired by SoTel and returned to the customer for use.”